Welcome to Thetford Grammar School
Entering Sixth Form is an exciting and liberating time as a student but the transition from structured study to independent learning can be daunting. In Cloisters, our Sixth Form Centre, you can rely on support from fellow students as well as the experience, guidance, and advice of our dedicated teachers.
We believe that a good education is a well-rounded one, and we place huge importance not just on academic success but also on the development of skills and interests outside the classroom. Sixth Formers are encouraged to take on leadership roles as Captains of School, Prefects and House Captains. There are also many opportunities for students to represent the school in civic events and engagements.
Over the years we have forged strong links with local businesses, universities and voluntary groups in order to give our students the chance to equip themselves with skills that enrich not only their lives but of those around them. We are fortunate to be able to welcome guest speakers who through their own stories and experiences inspire our students to reach their full potential.
We have high expectations of all students and our Sixth Formers are expected to be committed and have a genuine love of learning. In return we provide a safe and supportive environment where our students face the challenges that will develop and strengthen their own abilities whether they are academic, artistic, or sporting.
We are proud to offer a wide and well-balanced A level curriculum which enables pupils to choose between specialised pathways such as Arts and Humanities, Health and Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Design and Engineering, or Social Sciences.
A levels represent the choice to undertake two further years of study, at much greater depth than GCSE, and often in preparation for a place at a top university. Therefore, whilst it is not essential to know what profession one will pursue in the future, it is important that pupils choose subjects that will sustain their enthusiasm and feed their love of learning. Our school has an excellent Sixth Form team that can provide help and advice regarding A level options and the possible routes into university or employment opportunities that these qualifications can offer.
Welcome from the Head - Mr Brewer
You are one step away
from a TGS Pathway
Mr Ward - Head of Sixth Form
Miss Dunsmore - Deputy Head of Sixth Form
TGS Pathway Scholarships
Welcome to Thetford Grammar School’s Pathway Scholarship programme.
We are recruiting bright young people to join our outstanding Sixth Form. Applications are open now for pupils in Year Eleven, whether already at TGS or elsewhere, for entry in September 2021. Registration is open now for pupils in Year Ten for entry in September 2022.
Follow the links on this page for further information about how Thetford Grammar School’s pupils achieve 91% A*-C and gain entry to some of the most competitive universities in the UK.
Hear From Our Previous Students...
- Matthew - Chemistry, Biology, Geography and Computer Science
- Jacob - Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry
- Mollie - Music, French, Philosophy and Ethics, Creative Writing and Chemistry
- Lilly - Chemistry, Biology and PE
- Sam - French, Maths, English and Philosophy & Ethics
- Pippa - Maths, Chemistry, French and Geography
- Ellie - Chemistry, Biology and Maths
- Lissa - Biology, Chemistry and French
- Will - Chemistry, Maths and Computer Science
- Hannah - Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Megan - Fine Art, Photography and Geography
- Mariam - Geography, ICT and Philosophy & Ethics
- Rebecca - Biology, Chemistry and Art
- Max - History, English, Philosophy & Ethics and Geography
- Christian - History, Geography, English and Philosophy & Ethics
- Cecily - English Literature, Creative Writing and Philosophy & Ethics
- Gus - Maths, Physics and Chemistry
- Jack - Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths
For more information contact Admissions